Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
Soft, sweet, and everything holiday! These are my go to for yummy cookie exchanges. They are fun to make with your littles, and they melt.in.your.mouth! Truly, the Pepps can't get enough of these! This recipe makes about 28-32+ cookies.
- 1 ½ cups butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purposed flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt. Smile, and set that shiz aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy ya'll. (about 1 minute) Add eggs and molasses (smells so GOOD) and beat at medium-low speed until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients until everything is nicely combined.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Fill a small bowl with sugar, and roll those bad boys in some sugary goodness and place on parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 8-9 minutes (or until you see some crackle on top.)
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two, they will start crackling more for your viewing pleasure. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Try not to devour cookies before completely cooled ....KYLE.
- Munch immediately or store in air tight container for up to one week.
**The dough does really great in the fridge for a couple of days if need be. Just make sure it's in a sealed container so it doesn't dry out. One of these years we are going to make ice cream sandwiches with these bad boys! Let me know if you happen to try that before we do!