Pesto Panko Chicken
This bread crumb/mozzarella topping is crispy and delicious. Paired with a yummy kale salad and roasted potatoes - just grab your favorite glass of white wine and your dinner is served!
- 2 baking sheets
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons
- 2 6oz chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 cups small red potatoes
- 1-2 cups kale
- 1 roma tomato
- 3 tbsp caesar dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and dice red potatoes into bite size pieces. Spread onto baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20- 25 min, or until tender.
- Remove stem from kale, roll the leaves into a large "cigar" and slice. Dice tomato into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place kale in a bowl with the dressing and some salt, massage until the leaves soften, then add the tomatoes and any additional dressing.
- Combine breadcrumbs and mozzarella cheese into a small bowl, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl, season both sides with salt and pepper. Add in pesto and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, coat both sides. Transfer chicken to foil-lined baking sheet and spoon the breading on top. Press down a little bit to help it stay on top, and be generous - this is the good stuff!
- Roast chicken for 15-20 min, until fully cooked.
- Plate it up and enjoy!
This has become such an easy staple in our house, and healthy too. Seriously, a kale salad with tomatoes and caesar dressing? Don't overthink it! Also, I'm really great at finding ways to add cheese to just about any meal, so this breadcrumb topping is a treat. Enjoy my friends! Don't forget to tag us if you decide to make it!